Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cautiously Optimistic

Just want to let everyone know that Wyatt has made significant progress today. They were able to tweak his ventilator settings enough to try and help prevent another pneumothorax. His blood gases are much better. In fact his co2 is currently too low so the doctor was able to tweak the ventilator again and each time he tweaks it, it decreases Wyatt's chance of having another pneumothorax. Not only has the doctor been able to decrease the possibility of another pneumothorax but he was able to tweak the chest tubes enough to resolve the ones he already had! God is watching over our son today and i truly believe that the doctor he has today is here for a reason! I will forever be thankful to the doctor who took a chance today and quite possibly could have saved my child's life. I know that I probably sound much more optimistic now than I did earlier today but I feel it is important for you to know that even though Wyatt is having a good day today the doctor remains "cautiously optimistic". There are still a million things that could go wrong but we are going to take this opportunity to celebrate a small victory! Wyatt is a fighter and with your continued prayers maybe he can keep fighting until he gets to come home. He has a very long road ahead of him and only time will tell if his lungs can heal from all the damage they have sustained so far, but everyday he stays in the NICU is another day closer to holding him in my arms and I pray that that day will come soon! I can't begin to describe how difficult it is to watch your baby suffer knowing that you are not able to console him. I am so thankful for his progress today and I pray that it is in God's will for my little Wyatt to live a long and happy life! Thank you again for continuing to pray for my family. I love you all very much!
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Praising God today for this awesome news! I will continue to pray for sweet Wyatt and your family!

    Love,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete