Saturday, September 17, 2011

Stability Continues

Well I just got off the phone with the NICU, and his blood gas was acceptable and moving in the right direction.  His supplemental O2 requirements are down and his saturations are good, which is encouraging.  The comforting news for the physicians and nursing staff is the fact that he is tolerating lower vent settings and O2 and he's been maintaining the saturations and blood gases, which means that if his lungs do misbehave they have room to adjust and compensate for him.

I've heard so many stories of people that were praying all night last night for Wyatt and my family and and just have to use the words thank you only because I don't have any others.  Your support has been unbelievable and I truly believe the care he received and his response to it is a direct result to the amount of prayer offered on his behalf.

We'll be headed to the Ronald McDonald House as soon as Rachel wakes up from her late but much needed nap.  We'll keep you posted on any developments but please continue to pray through your waking hours for my son and I can only promise that I will raise him to know how much was done on his behalf and the reason he was blessed with life.


1 comment:

  1. So unbelievably happy to hear Wyatt is stable again. We are praying everyday for him!

    ReplyDelete